Welcome to Akoma foods your source for alternative wholefoods and ingredients.
Carotino Palm Oil
- 1It is uniquely rich in natural pro-Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Lycopene, all of which are powerful anti-oxidants. Vitamin A is essential for healthy skin, hair, teeth and good vision, while Vitamin E is important for maintaining a healthy heart and blood.
- 2It is a good, natural source of vital nutrients Omega 3 and Omega 6. These nutrients are important for good health, normal growth and cell regeneration and cannot be manufactured by the body and must therefore be supplied by the diet.
- 3It has no trans-fatty acids, is not hydrogenated and contains no artificial colorings or preservatives. It is an anti-oxidant.
- 4It is ideally suited for all types of cooking especially African & Caribbean cuisine.
- 5This is one of two oils with the best nutritional profiles second being olive oil..
4Natural Carotenes - One of the best documented phytonutrient. Carotenoids give the colour yellow, orange, and red to fruits, vegetables and oil palm fruitlets.
The benefits include:
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Protects against stroke
- Protects against cataracts
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Increase body immune system
5Tocotrienols were discovered during 1954 and it is a new group of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a generic name and it includes two subclasses which are tocotrienols and tocopherols. Tocotrienols benefit include: 60 times more potent as antioxidant than tocopherols. Reduce risk of cancer especially breast cancer Reduce risk of heart disease Lower blood cholesterol Anti-ageing
- 7Co-enzyme Q 10 is a nutrient which is more powerful than tocotienols as an antioxidant. Its well-known benefits are:
Protects against skin, breast and postate cancers
Increases body immune system
Slowing down the progression of Parkinson’s disease
Prevents against migraine
Protects against age-related macular degeneration (Vision problem related to old age)
Boosts male fertility
Generates energy in our body cells
- 9A free radical is any chemical species that has one or more unpaired electrons. They are like vandals loose in your body. The one or more unpaired electron give negative charge, which drive them around the body looking for cells with which they can attach. These reactions damage our body cells and caused diseases. Internal source of free radical is oxidative processes of breakdown of food.